This award recognises exceptional new talent in the profession, identifying individuals who have made a significant impact on the provision of workplace and/or facilities management services within the first three years of their career.
The winner will be an ambassador for the profession, be passionate and committed to CPD and promoting workplace and facilities management as a career of choice, having gained significant respect of their colleagues and leaders within their organisation. They will be knowledgeable about the issues that FMs face and proactive in driving the profession forward in the future. Entrants must evidence their specific impact and achievements to date with examples and demonstrable results; showcasing original thinking in developing and implementing solutions to benefit their organisation.
The Judges will be looking for confidence, self-awareness and an understanding of their personal impact, influence and relationships within their team, as well as evidence of real acknowledged recognition from the management of their organisation and/or client organisations.
Who should enter?
Entrants should be individuals working within the field of workplace and facilities management and can be from an in-house client team or a service provider. The applicant must be a new entrant into the profession with no more than three years’ experience within it.
The Presentation rounds will take place between 6 – 25 June 2019. All entrants that progress to that stage of the judging will need to confirm their availability between these dates.
1. Please write an executive summary of your entry.
2. Demonstrate your passion and commitment to workplace and/or facilities management as a career of choice, including what personally drives you to succeed in it. Show your commitment to continuous learning and development, CPD, involvement with professional bodies, and how you have communicated and engaged with others to promote the profession and your career path to date.
3. Comment on the future of the sector and clearly articulate the key issues you think it is facing and what it might look like going forward.
4. Provide evidence of your own impact on your organisation (employer or client), your influence on service delivery and your key achievements in contributing to business objectives, evidencing real benefits and business outcomes.
5. Demonstrate your ability to be a future leader; your personal impact and ambassadorial capability, including impacts on people around you and how you have supported developing others in their careers. Summarise your career aspirations and your plans to take this forward.
6. Describe innovation and original thinking in service delivery, including the use of technology to deliver workplace and facilities management services. How do you see technology evolving and shaping the future of the profession?
The following documents should be included in your upload, these should be included in the 10-page limit:
* Brief CV with personal statement
* A minimum of one supporting letter from your employer and/or client
* Organisational chart identifying your role