We are seeking applications from exceptional individuals who have been in a management position in workplace and facilities management for several years. This Award is a unique opportunity for individuals to showcase their exceptional expertise in management of people in the delivery of workplace and facilities management service excellence. This award will highlight the criticality of great management practices and the impact they have on service delivery success and business outcomes.
The Judges will look for evidence of outstanding management qualities, original thinking – including the drive for success – commitment and a breadth of knowledge of the industry. Our winner will demonstrate how great management practices in workplace and facilities management can help shape the direction of their business. Candidates’ industry exposure and experience should reflect across a broad range of achievements in workplace and facilities management service and delivery; this includes both substantive management responsibilities and a deep-seated service ethic.
Who should enter?
Candidates should be an inspirational role model for junior members within the industry, be opinion leaders pushing the boundaries of the profession, be well connected and be considered a ‘go-to’ person for work colleagues, senior company officers and professional contemporaries.
We are seeking entries either from individuals who believe they meet these criteria or who are nominated by their employer, colleagues or peers as doing so. Professionals from any type of organisation can apply, but must have a managerial level workplace and/or facilities management role and relevant managerial responsibilities including responsibility for managing the work of others to deliver and drive service provision; with proven experience and evidence of achievements at this level.
The Presentation rounds will take place between 6 – 25 June 2019. All entrants that progress to that stage of the judging will need to confirm their availability between these dates.
1. Please write an executive summary of your entry.
2. Describe and evidence leading-edge innovative service delivery and show where real value has been added to the business through a specific initiative, service tasks or delivery programmes and how you have been instrumental in developing the solution and how you have implemented it managing your team to deliver real pioneering or class-leading service impact.
3. Share with us your unique management style – with a clear description of the team, functions and examples of how your specific management qualities and practices have driven your team to succeed in delivering exceptional workplace and facilities management service or solutions success.
4. Evidence your specific organisational impact, demonstrating your influence within your organisation and highlight what you think are your ambassadorial qualities.
5. Showcase your career highlights, your key management experience and successes to date setting out your personal performance achievements.
6. Give a personal account of why you think management excellence is critical to workplace and facilities management service success and business outcomes – and how great management in the function can help shape and the direction of the business.
7. Demonstrate your support for the workplace and facilities management profession – including public profile, thought leadership and professional interests outside of your current organisation.
Additional requirements: The following documents should be included in your upload, these should be included in a 10-page limit; CV, Organisational chart and any other relevant evidence.