This category is open to workplace and facilities management teams, organisations and partnerships from any sector who demonstrate how innovation in the development and empowerment of their people has made a significant contribution to the organisation. This category is about innovation so entries must show what was new or different about the project or initiative from previous activities.
Who should enter?
Entries are welcomed from innovative people development and empowerment programmes developed for teams of employees, working in workplace and facilities management function. Your team may be in-house, a supplier or specialist service provider, or may be a combination of employees working in partnership.
Successful entrants will demonstrate:
A strategic approach to people development and empowerment that links both individual and team performance to the overall strategy of your organisation.
A programme tailored to the specific needs and the changing organisational priorities faced by the team.
Evidence of the links between your investment in people development and empowerment and the realisation of individual, team or organisational potential.
How your programme has attracted people into the workplace and facilities management sector.
How your development activities differentiate your organisation in the workplace and facilities management market.
The Presentation rounds will take place between 6 – 25 June 2019. All entrants that progress to that stage of the judging will need to confirm their availability between these dates.
1. Please write an executive summary of your entry.
2. Please explain the long-term organisational strategic commitment to a culture of innovative people development and empowerment, how the strategy was developed, how it is delivered and how it aligns to your organisation’s goals and objectives.
3. What were the reasons behind the choice of programme elements, how were innovative solutions developed, employed and evaluated?
4. How was your programme delivered and how do you sustain innovation?
5. Please explain, with evidence including feedback and testimonials from team members and key stakeholders, how the people development and empowerment strategy contributes to individual and organisational success.
6. What evidence is there of the wider benefits and implications for our profession? How can you demonstrate this?