This category seeks to identify and recognise a stand-out product or service that, through its development and utilisation, has had the most positive impact on workplace and facilities management provision.
Developing new products and services, or utilising existing ones in new and innovative ways is a continuous challenge in most organisations. It demands planning and engagement with customers and project teams; it invites research into industry best practice, often seeking inspiration and ideas from many aspects represented through the range of sectors and activities covered by our profession.
The Judges are looking for evidence of how product and service development has been managed in the business overall, and how this has been targeted ultimately toward the benefit of the customer and end-user. This category is about recognising innovation so entries must show what was new or different about the product or process from what had gone before. The optimum level of information needs to be included in support of the submission, demonstrating real value both to those who use it and those who benefit from its use.
Who should enter?
Any organisation or individual within workplace and facilities management can enter this category. You could be an in-house manager, a service provider or a supplier of goods or services. All products and services are considered with equal merit from the simplest and least expensive to the most technically advanced. A product or service can be an object, tool, system or process – there is no prescriptive definition allowing for a wide range of entries – but it must be clearly defined and able to be marketed and sold as a stand-alone solution within an overall business offering.
The Presentation rounds will take place between 6 – 25 June 2019. All entrants that progress to that stage of the judging will need to confirm their availability between these dates.
1. Please write an executive summary of your entry.
2. Please provide a clear description of the product or service, including how it is used and its scope and relevance within the industry.
3. Please explain the need for the product or service within the business, how it aligns with strategy and supports operational requirements.
4. Case study examples: show how the product or service is integrated either into a business or into a specific project. How effective was the development process, implementation programme and utilisation? Include information on the cost and return on investment. What are the outcomes?
5. Please explain the measures of success in the following areas: customer/end-user, financial, environmental and/or social.
6. What is the business case for future investment and development? Please include an outline of future applications beyond current usage where applicable. Explain the relevance and applicability to the wider sector.